Canstruction® New York 2017, our 25th Annual Competition in NYC, is presented by Arts Brookfield.
An extraordinary annual design competition and the most unique food charity in the world, Canstruction challenges teams of architects, engineers, and contractors to build sculptures made entirely out of unopened cans of food. The large scale structures are placed on display and later donated to City Harvest for distribution to those in need.
Voting is open for the People’s Choice Award now through DeCanstruction on November 15th!
Congratulations to the award winners of the 25th Annual Canstruction New York Design/Build Competition:
- Best Original Design – Leslie E. Robertson Associates (LERA): A Rising Tide
- Best Use of Labels – Simpson Gumpertz & Heger: Fearless in the Face of Hunger
- Structural Ingenuity – GACE Consulting Engineers: Pining to End Hunger
- Best Meal – Gensler: Popeye the Sailor CAN
- Honorable Mention – DeSimone Consulting Engineers: The Giving Tree
- Honorable Mention – Gannett Fleming – Beauty and the Feast
- Most Cans – Turner Construction Company: On Track to End Hunger 7,250 cans
- Cheri Award – Beyer Blinder Belle: Your Smile CAN Change the World
Click the image on the left to take a virtual tour of this year’s exhibit! All structure images by Ashok Sinha
If you would like more information about Canstruction New York and how your firm can be involved, please contact us at email@CanstructionNY.org.
Groups If you are planning on bringing a school class or a group of 7 or more people to see the exhibit, please contact us for scheduling. Use Group in the subject line and send to email@CanstructionNY.org with information about the date and time you wish to visit.
Follow Canstruction® New York on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+
The Canstruction® New York exhibit is presented with generous support from Brookfield